Saturday, August 22, 2015

HPB Presents ~ NEON!!!

Hello Dahlings!
 
It's time for da Hobby Polish Bloggers monthly nail art challenge
& for August we're showing off our NEON manis!
I LOVE NEON!!!
 
So I did this...
 
 
 Me likey mah flutterby nails a lot!
 
Da line up ~ Orly On The Edge, Be Daring & Risky Behavior
I got da whole set on a direct from Orly special,
but you may still be able to find them
at your local Sally's Beauty Supply;
Polish Me To Go Violetta, Anonymous Lacquer Magik,
Hit the Bottle As Black as Night & Polish Me To Go Snow Glow
plus da bit of cosmetic sponge I used.
Alas, while PMTG's store was still up da last time I checked,
everything listed was sold out & I don't know why
da maker disappeared or if she'll be back.
Great sadness as she made most excellent gitd polish.
 
 I started with a gradient of da Orly 2015 neons.
These lean more crelly than earlier neons from them,
so it took 3-4 coats of sponged color to reach good opacity.
White undies might have helped, but I opted to go commando.
Not da most blinding neons in my stash, but still fun bright colors.
I added a coat of Violetta over da gradient
& it smoothed out da demarcation lines.
 
 I then added a coat of Magik!
While it did add lovely rainbows,
it also dulled da neoniness of da Orly's a wee bit.
I can live with this cuz...RAINBOWS!!!
 
 I stamped using Bundle Monster plate BM-XL14,
ABAN & my beloved Creative Shop Stamper.
I bought both da stamping polish & da CSS from Beautometry.
 
 Oh looky!
Da neoniness comes back under uv light.
Why am I using a uv lamp for pics?
 
Cuz this!
I had so much fun with this mani, both day & night,
that I wore it for almost a week & didn't want to take it off
even tho' I had yesterday's challenge mani to do.
 
>^. .^<
 
Well done, Meowmy!
I luvs it when you paints your claws
so they glows like my bootiful eyes.
 
Thanks for stopping by
& please go visit da other
Hobby Polish Bloggers!
~ Inky
 

7 comments:

  1. Love this mani! I love those Orly colors! Your cat is so cute too of course. I love tuxedo cats :D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I agree & a good holo topcoat is essential to have in one's stash. :)

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful. I love butterfly wing nails. I just don't have a stamping plate yet to do it. Fuchsia and violet have always been one of my favorite color combos. <3

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.