Thursday, May 7, 2015

Nothing holding me back but me ~ feat Cuttin Edge Polish!

Hello Dahlings!
 
Today I have for you a very ME mani!
I was uber busy in April & a swatchin fool last weekend
& I really needed to bust out with a mani I knew I'd love.
 
Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy swatching.
I only do it for indies that I really love
& it gives me the chance to try out colors, finishes & glitters
that I might not normally buy.
But some days I just gotta be me!
 
The title of this post is a bit symbolic & plays with da polish names.
Let me 'splain...
 
Is this mani me or what!?!
 Da base color & glitter are from Cuttin Edge Nails
Da stamping polish & plate are from Beautometry.
The base color is called Wishful Thinking 
& I topped it with Grape Expectations.
Both are what every one has when they think about their lives
& what they want to accomplish while they're on da planet.
Da barbed wire represents da limits we tend to place on ourselves
(or let others place on us)
that keep us from fulfilling those wishes & meeting those expectations.
We don't have to live down to our own or other's limitations!
 
 This is 2 buttery smooth, sparkalicious coats of Wishful Thinking.
I love da rich blue violet base with it's holo bits & pinky purple shimmer!
 
 I added 2 coats of Grape Expectations
This topper couldn't be more ME if it were a customer order!
Pinky purple & silver holo bits play with pink, blue & purple bits
in asst shapes & sizes in a party on da nail.
No fishing required & everybody settled down to dry flat.
 
 I stamped using Hit the Bottle Chromeo,
all from Beautometry.
Beautometry has really been floating my Inky boat
& emptying my bank account cuz they carry several lines
of stamping plates from other countries that have images I prefer, l
ike Hello Kitty, Halloween/horror & Goth/Punk.
Too many plate makers think everybody wants flowers & flourishes.
I do on rare occasions or for nail art challenges,
but all da time? Bletch!
Gimme something fun & creepy on mah nails
or just give me a lobotomy so I don't care, please?
 
>^. .^<
 
Ciri never lets anything hold him back from naps.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
~ Inky

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.