Wednesday, November 12, 2014

TDWP SOA & a challenge met!

Hello Dahlings!

A few weeks ago my lil polish sis Sarah Penny Pinching Polish
did this awesome punk mani for her 70's nails
in da Crumpet's Nail Tarts Pick N' Mix 52 week challenge.
 
I was in drool mode on FB & mentioned a facetious fear
of putting an eye out if I wore spikes on my nails.
She said it wasn't really a big risk & dared me to do it!
 
So I did my interpretation of 70's punk nails with spikes...
 
 TA DA!
We have striped satin skinny slacks done
using me fav Essence skinny striper,
a skully glitter spiked leather jacket
done with SOA & Silver Spike Studs,
red tartan also done with da skinny striper
& an anarchy symbol done with a short detail brush.
Authentic? I dunno, but it's what I remember from those days
& I was not only alive,
but actively participating as a junior punk at the time.
 
 Da line up ~ The Devil Wears Polish SOA,
Lily of the Valley, Fling & Paint It Black
Tami...I really really would like to see Paint It Black reincarnated!
 
 Da lil spikes are from She Sells Seashells
I attached them using clear polish, then added a coat of Gelous around them
& then a coat of Seche Vite to make them uber secure.
They were a lil scratchy so I put a band aid over them at night
& while doing laundry & other tasks where they might get caught & ripped off.
 
Lookee at all da skully glitters!
SOA does have lil red hexes,
but somehow I managed to not get a single one on my nail.
That means more for later!
I didn't have to fish for da skulls at all.
 
>^. .^<
 
 Ciri being a lil punk...
 
...he really doesn't appreciate the irony
of a 7lb cat tackling a 15lb cat & winning!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
~ Inky

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.