Friday, June 13, 2014

#TGPNPC ~ Red

Hello Dahlings!
 
Red is not one of my better colors.
I like it and all,
but it tends to not look very good against my corpse skin.
Oh well, when a challenge calls for a color
that doesn't look good on me
I'm willing to take one for the team.
Why do I buy polish that doesn't work with my skin tone?
I guess I'm an eternal optimist when it comes to polish
& keep hoping that I'll find one of those less than flattering colors
that will miraculously look fab on my nails.
Silly me!
 
 So while chatting on FB in da Simples group,
I came up with da idea of color blocking
with saran wrap in a faux tile sort of look
& decided to give it a try.
Um...yeah.
Da darkest red worked da best.
Da other 2 splodged colors didn't have much contrast.
I used regular tape to mask off da sections
& other than da spacing being a wee bit wide apart
it worked pretty well.
My saran wrap technique still needs work,
but I like da concept.
 
 Da line up ~ Sally Hansen Beaming,
Polish Me To Go Violetta (previously worn),
Sally Hansen Luminous, Dazzling & Shining.
Da Sally Hansens are all from da now defunct Lacquer Shine Line.
Don't despair,
you can still get these vintage polishes & many others at
They carry butt-tonnes of retired drugstore polish,
many priced at less than they sold for in stores!
 
 This is 2 coats of Beaming with a coat of Seche Vite.
It's uber bright without quite tipping over into neon
& has a bit of pink shimmer.
All of da Lacquers Shines dry very glossy.
I added tc so I could move on to da other steps
sooner than later.
 
 Oh yeah, I added a coat of Violetta over Beaming
before I started taping & splodging.
It's much brighter in RL.
 
 
Next up ~ Purple
(Gee, I wonder if I have any untried purple polish lying about?)
 
>^. .^<
 
A little Ciri Spam to start your weekend...
 
 Aw! Him's is snoozing in his new fav nappy spot...
in front of da gas fire place.
 
 Stretch & roll...that can't be comfy to have his foot up like that?
 
 Roll over...much better.
(I love it when he curls his toes!)
 
 Another roll over...butt in da air? Really?
 
Fine! I'll just curl up like a normal, boring cat then.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Now please go load your peepers up with radical red manis!
~ Inky

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen you in red before! Now my pale ass skin seems to love red. Maybe my heritage is more vampire than yours? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be? I don't remember the night you were created very well...it's all a bit of a blur. LOL It really depends on whether the color leans yellow or blue. Blue under tones I can usually wear, but the warmer colors tend to bring out the lobster or jaundice tones of my skin.

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.