Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday Quickie ~ A New Way to Crack!

Hello Dahlings!
 
I was recently weeding out da YouTube links that had piled up in my inbox & found a nifty new-to-me way to use all those crackle polishes I just had to have in 2012.
Thanks to Arcadia Nail Art for her brilliance!
I'm pretty sure that I'm not da only one that has at least a couple bottles tucked away in da back of a drawer. But 1st, I'm going to show you another comparison
(I'm seem to be in a rut of late. LOL)...
 
 Line up #1 ~ BK 16, Julie G Silver Bells,
Finger Paints Snow Crystals & Orly Silver Pixel
 
 2 coats of each.
 
BK 16 on pinky
Don't bother ordering this from Born Pretty Store. Even tho' its label 'crystal sand' it isn't a texture polish. It's rather sheer & needs undies or 3-4 coats. It went on ok & dried smooth, but it's not worth da price for da 10ml bottle.
 
Julie G Silver Bells on ring
This polish is from their Gumdrops line & has a nice, not too rough texture, like a medium fine grit nail file. It went on smooth & was almost opaque with 2 thin coats. Its also a 10ml bottle, but reasonably priced.
 
Finger Paints Snow Crystals on middle
I like this one a lot! It has small glitters in with da fine bits & has a noticeable texture with plenty of bling factor. Its a good price for the 15ml bottle & no prob application.
 
Orly Silver Pixel on index
When this line came out late spring/early summer 2013 I was all over it, until I got it home & found that it wasn't as textured as the Milani & Sally Hansen texture polishes released around da same time. It is texture polish, tho' a wee bit more subtle version than da Finger Paints. It has a good bling factor, no app issues & at $10ish for 18ml, a good value.
 
Line up #2 ~ Claire's no name (lavender glitter crack) & China Glaze Glam-more
 
This is one coat of da Claire's applied going across da nail from side to side. 
Why, oh why, do I keep buying nail polish from Claire's?
They look so pretty in da bottles & aren't a bad price,
but I'm almost always disappointed in their performance.
 
 A close up of my index just to show that it did crack.
Sort of, maybe, if it has to, I guess.
I added a coat of Seche Vite at this point
cuz crack won't crack over another crack.
 
 
One coat of Glam-more applied from cuticle to tip & nicely cracked!
This is what crackle polish is supposed to do.
Are you paying attention Claire's?
I followed up with another coat of Seche Vite.
 
To learn how to do what I just did,
go visit Arcadia Nails YouTube channel & watch her tutorial 
 
>^. .^<
 
 I likes what's on this shiny thing!
 
 Hey! You gots more in there...can I haves?
 
 Fine. I drink your milk instead.
 
 What's these? They look like escapees from da litter box.
 
 I don't think I eats those!
(for those of you pondering what Ciri is looking at,
it's sea salt chocolate covered caramels)
 
 
I guess I just gets to nap on top of da yogurt Paw wouldn't share with me.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
~ Inky

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I think both the USPO & RM would object, strenuously, if I mailed him to you. LMBBO Besides, we'd miss him something awful. <3

      Delete
  2. ROFL!!! "Crack won't crack on top of crack"!!!! You are too funny!!

    And thanks for the idea of what to do with all my crack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't come up with that helpful tip...I just rephrased it into Inky-speak. LOL You are most welcome! <3

      Delete
  3. I've wanted to use my crackle again. Thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Info that isn't shared, isn't worth much. <3

      Delete
  4. Hey, if Ciri doesn't want them, I'll take does caramels...::nom nom nom::

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chocolate is bad for cats, but good for Doctors! LOL

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.