Wednesday, December 26, 2012

I've Been Nominated for the Liebster Award!

Happy Boxing Day Dahlings!



I've been nominated for the Leibster Award! In fact...I've been nominated for 7 of them by these lovely people:

Claire from Kerruticles
Skeeter from Skeetersyle
Liz from Makeup & Polished Obsessed Girl
Pheonix Nails
Elizabeth at Not too Polished
Wes from Polish Me Manly
Swishie from Swishie's Nail

Thanks you so much for thinking of lil ol' me! I do apologize for taking 2 weeks to get this done, I can only blame the chaos of the holiday season.

To be nominated for the Leibster Award a blog has to have less than 200 followers. Check!

Then said blog has to do the following:

Share 11 facts about the blog author: Check!

1)   I had a cat that got ink on its whiskers & I decided to use that story & a photo of the cat as the basis for my online identity, peeps IRL call me Inky too.

2)   5 adjectives that describe me: whimsical, loyal, unconventional, weird, amusing

3)   In 2013 I want to finish all the projects I have awaiting completion…so I can start new ones, guilt free.

4)   I like spa-pedicures cuz they feel good & I’m a smidge too chubby to comfortably reach my feet, but I’m not as fond of professional manicures. This may sound bad, but they don’t do as good a job on my nails as I do. I always find rough or uneven edges when I get home that I then have to fix & few salons around here offer nail art I’d like to wear.

5)   I’m a left-over 80’s punk rocker. I dye my hair fun colors. I listen to the Ramones & the Clash like every day for sure!

6)   I try to paint my nails every other night. Tip wear & cuticle grow out bug me, but I’ll ignore it if I’m uber busy.

7)   I love to read!

8)   I’m a reformed perfectionist.

9)   I used to bite my nails.

10)  I love cheese, but am allergic to it.

11)  Someday I want to enter & complete a 31 day nail art challenge.
 
Answer 11 questions posed by the nominator(s): (I consolidated the 11 most asked quesions into one list cuz I wasn't answering 77 of them lol) Check!

1)  What's your favorite brand/indie/#1 love/fav color polish ?
I have the most Sally Hansen. Whimsical Idea’s by Pam is my fav indie brand. My #1 polish love is Sally Hansen Chromes. My favorite polish color is violet, I have 125+ polishes ranging from blue-violet thru red-violet (aka purple).

2)  How many polishes do you have in your collection?
Um…725ish, give or take an ish or 2. (this # includes everything like nail art polish, base & top coats)

3)  How many untrieds do you have?
When it comes down to doing a full mani, most of my stash is untried, but I have used many of them for nail art.

4)   Where are you from?
      Ohio. I don’t like it there for many reasons, so I avoid it at all costs.

5)  Why did you start blogging & what's your favorite type of post?
It’s Mistress Mimi from MimiManicures fault! I stated an intent to blog about my nails in June this year, but hadn’t done much about it until Mimi did a shout out in October & I figured I’d better have something for show & tell pronto. After that, I just keep going. My favorite type of post is nail art related. I’m all about the nail art!

6)   Your favorite holiday?
Halloween, the darkness of it appeals to me.

7)   Do you have any Pets?
Yes, we are currently owned by 4 cats.

8)  What's your favorite manicure & what manicure do you want to try?
My favorite manicure is a toss-up between dotticures & braided. I want to try a basket weave soon.

9)   What's your Dream vacation?
I want to go on an Alaskan Cruise. Any cruise really, but as Mr. Inky & I both dislike hot weather, Alaska is probably the best option for an ocean bound adventure.

10) What's your favorite meal?
For our 20th Wedding Anniversary Mr. Inky & I went to McCormick & Schmidt’s in Downtown Seattle & had Steak Louis. Perfectly cooked Filet Mignon with a small perfectly cooked lobster tail on top covered in the yummiest sauce I've ever put in my mouth, plus perfectly cooked asparagus in lemon & garlic. We ate every bite & passed on dessert…we were so full of culinary perfection we didn't dare!

11) What did you want to be when you grew up? 
When I was little I wanted to be Donna Reed when I grew up…too bad I turned out more like Roseanne! Mr. Inky calls me a retired stay-at-home-mom.
 
Nominate 11 blogs for this award & contact them: Check!

Dionne from Glittery Fingers & Sparkling toes
Wendy from M.A.S.P.O.O.S.E.
Fitz from Nail-to-Nail Interpretations
Claire from Nothin But A Nail Thing
Sparkyl!e Nails
Christy from Tissles Nail Therapy
Nicole from Young Wild and Polished
The Little Canvas
The Nail Asylum
Ally from Reach for the Polish
Patty from Once Bitten Nails

Ask the nominees 11 questions: Check!

1)     What is your fav polish color?

2)     What’s your fav brand of polish?

3)     What is your fav type of polish? (i.e. crème, shimmer, glitter etc)

4)     How many polishes do you own & how many are untried?

5)     What is your current polish lemming?

6)     What manicure challenges you the most? (i.e. water marbling, braided etc)

7)     What’s your fav type of blog post? (swatch, comparison, nail art etc)

8)     3 words that describe you?

9)     Do you have any pets?

10)   If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

11)   New Year’s resolution?

I think that about covers it! I hope you enjoyed learning a lil bit about me & thanks for stopping by!
~ Inky















6 comments:

  1. :) Thank you! Do I just copy and paste the questions to my own blog??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome! I think you can do that. I did it the hard way by copy/pasting into Word then after I figured out what I was doing, copying everything into an open blog post. lol

      Delete
    2. LOL well if you want to read it, here's the link!

      http://tisslesnailtherapy.blogspot.com/2012/12/ive-been-nominated-for-leibster-award.html

      Delete
  2. I loved reading this! :D 725 ish... wow xD

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.